Monday, January 7, 2008

Fame, Fortune and Fiji Water


I don't have much of an appetite for fame. Sure the money would be great and of course the cars, possibly the women... Would I really want to give up a life of anonymity for that?

Until this very moment, in my entire life, the answer would have been no. Today, I would give all that up to become famous enough that Fiji water ships free shipments of their delicious water not only to my door, but wherever in the world I happen to be cavorting at the moment.

Tonight I paid the outrageous amount of $3.50 for 1L of Fiji water. That is more than 7 times the going rate for a 2L bottle of Coke on sale (which I believe can still be had for $0.99).

At $3.50 per L, Fiji water comes in at $13.25/gallon. That makes our manufactured gas "crisis" of $3/gallon seem cheap.

OH, I ALMOST FORGOT, FIJI, PLEASE GET SOME ARTISANS TO PROPERLY APPLY THE DECALS TO YOUR SLICK PACKAGED, ARTESIAN WATER! EVERY BOTTLE I HAVE EVER SEEN (with the exception of the one posing for the beauty shot in this posting) HAS A BUBBLE IN THE MIDDLE ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE ANDSEVERE SCRATCHING AT ONE OR MORE PLACES. FOR THE MONEY I AM PAYING, AN ARTISAN SHOULD BE POURING THE PRODUCT DIRECTLY IN MY PARCHED MOUTH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

$3.50 for 1 L is a perfectly fair price considering Fiji's "soft mouth feel."